Courtesy of AllHomemadeCookies.com
Chocolate Chip Fudge Cookie Mix
Christina shares this scrumptious cookie mix in a jar!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 chocolate bar -- (5.5 ounce)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Dry ingredients are layered in a jar and given, along with directions, as a gift. Use a funnel that has a 2-inch opening, to layer nicely in jar. With wire whisk, mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Pour into jar, pack down level with heavy object.
2. Mix oatmeal in a blender. Grate chocolate bar and mix into the oatmeal. Pack on top of flour in jar.
3. Add white sugar and pack down. Add brown sugar and pack down. Layer chopped nuts on top of brown sugar. Finish layering jar with mini or regular chocolate chips until even with the top (no more than 1/2 cup).
4. Use scissors to cut a 9 inch-diameter circle from calico. Place over lid and secure with rubber band. Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover rubber band.
5. Label and store in a cool dry place away from a heat source so condensation and clumping does not occur.
6. Attach this recipe to the jar:
Chocolate Chip Fudge Cookie
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
1. Spoon chocolate chips and nuts into small bowl, set aside.
2. Spoon brown and white sugar into mixing bowl.
3. Add the following:
1/2 cup margarine or butter, cream well.
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix well. Pour oatmeal and flour mixture from jar into bowl, mix thoroughly.
Roll into walnut size balls, place on slightly greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 min.